Farmer's market, McLean, Virginia, summer 2011.
Don't you love farmer's markets? You can tell a lot about a place by their farmer's markets. We have a tiny one where I live. There are about twelve booths. They just started it last year. They get an A for effort. The produce sold there is quite good, but it is nothing like the farmer's markets we have visited over the last year in Los Angeles, Italy, France, the above mentioned McLean, and even a small town in Indiana. Gourmet foods, French pastries, handicrafts, soaps, clothes, flowers...all so unique!


12 comments:
Your market looks lovely anyway . . . small farmers' markets have a certain charm to them I think :-)
This farmers market looks very colorful! I guess they are here too, but I don't really go to the market, I usely don't like the crowd!
This market looks very nice and colorful. What is it on the second picture?
I love markets!! One of the things I love about warmer days in my corner. xo
I love handmade soaps. I always end up with a bar or two when I visit the farmers' market.
Our street markets tend to sell a bit of everything - but the produce and flower sections are always the most enticing parts, while the rest tends to be cheap stuff made somewhere in Asia.
The food that comes from a farmer's market always seems to taste better, doesn't it?
Thanks for a peek into that beautiful farmer's market. Here in western Mass. we're blessed with a plethora of farmer's markets -- a lively, local, and healthy way to shop (for the individual and for the environment!)
i'm with you - i do love a market! the soaps look great!
yes! those soaps do look delicious. soaps as these always make me want to bite into them... oi.
n♥
I sometimes visit a farmer also selling handmade olive oil soap. Lovely stuff - makes the visit extra special.
Nicki
So fun seeing what's a different farmers markets.
Love the one in Ojai. There is a groovy little bluegrass band that plays!
Post a Comment