I don't know who said these, but I found them in a magazine. I have them posted to my wall in our home school area.


The girls are very happy with home schooling, which we began in January. Annabel is in fourth grade, Sky is in sixth. Here they are with their new teacher, Miss Elaine. She is wonderful. She is teaching them math, science, history/social studies, French, theater, art and music. And how convenient, she just happens to be a professional songwriter! She's really good, in fact she just won an island wide songwriting contest. Here is a link to her music. http://www.elaineryan.ca/Gary and I are helping teach English and writing. I am also teaching religion, manners, etiquette and a little bit of art, although the girls do art naturally as part of their life now, having grown up with it. Both girls are writing "novels." Sky's first 2 "novels" (Secret Song and Part-Time Angel) can be viewed here: http://www.garymarksmusic.com/skylar-books.htm She is finishing a third.
We will have to post Annabel's when she finishes her first one. Annabel is reading 400 page books now. She sometimes finishes them in two or three days! She is on the 5th Harry Potter book. She loves Greek mythology and stories with magic, suspense, and ones that involve quests. Her novels in progress are entitled Alivia and the Search for Questa and To Follow a Bug.
The girls have school Monday through Friday from 9 - 12, they also have homework every day but Friday. This gives them time to also work on their music and writing. All three of our children are in a Taekwondo class three days a week, which they absolutely love. The instructors are wonderful -- professional and so good with the children. Our kids will be testing for their yellow belts in May.
The girls have school Monday through Friday from 9 - 12, they also have homework every day but Friday. This gives them time to also work on their music and writing. All three of our children are in a Taekwondo class three days a week, which they absolutely love. The instructors are wonderful -- professional and so good with the children. Our kids will be testing for their yellow belts in May.
Sometimes I think we are running a baking school...
1 comment:
I love the quote.
Post a Comment