1. Creative ideas, making stuff with the kids...often from nature - driftwood, dried flowers, dried vines.2. The weather is cooling. We don't need to run the air conditioning much anymore. It sort of feels like fall!
4. But this is by no means cuter than my cutest husband. He is Mr. novel writer, songwriter, dad extraordinaire, especially when I had the flu this weekend and he did everything!5. All of my girlfriends, which actually include my mom and sister. I never tire of the specialness of female connection.
6. My daughters, and often my son as well, helping in the kitchen. We have been doing a lot of baking lately. Recently we had folks for dinner and the girls jumped in to help with cooking, cleaning setting the table, carrying chairs up the stairs, arranging the desert tray.
7. Five-year-old-ness. Boy-ness. (Elastic strap to hold helmet in place made by older sister.) Today I was on the phone and he snuck behind some furniture and began launching sponge rockets at me, spying on me with his mini plastic binoculars, throwing small bouncy balls in my direction.8. Twelve days til we leave for California. Oh my, I need to begin packing! I can't wait.



No comments:
Post a Comment