Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

September 17, 2008

swiss family robinson froghouse


The kids found a tiny frog in the backyard and since we don't have any pets and they REALLY want a pet, anytime they capture an animal from the wild they instantly make a home for it and beg to keep it as a pet. They made this habitat for the frog with rocks and leaves and moss and bark and wood and ferns and food - lilikoi. The little froggie himself is not pictured. This was right before he moved in.
I thought it was a beautiful work of art.
Like the famous artist Christo, who wrapped the perimeter of entire small islands in pink cloth and did a gorgeous piece called "Running Fence," a cloth fence that undulated over hills in northern California for miles, the froggie home too had a short life. But honestly it was as beautiful and balanced artistically as the works of art fellow students made when I was in art school.
It remained in the backyard for a few days. Ah, the creative children I live with. They are a constant source of inspiration.

2 comments:

peemer said...

I agree - the frog house is a beautifully balanced work of art. But, if the house only lasted a few days, I fear for what happened to the frog. ????

Theresa said...

Oh. Well he of course got released back into the wild of our back yard!