Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

January 3, 2014

mother/daughter trip

Having a big family is such a blessing.  I always wanted lots of kids, and I am very happy with our three.  But one of the challenges is creating one-on-one time with each child.

I take a trip every November to do a retreat with Amma.  When the children were younger we took them all, but with school schedules and travel expenses we have decided to just have me go.

I went one year and it was nice, but kind of lonely.  So after that I decided to take one of the kids with me every year.

First I took Annabel.  We had a great time.

This year was Skylar's turn.  We had so much fun.  We flew to California and stayed for a few nights. The first day we toured Stanford University with a friend.  Then we checked into our hotel and went to the retreat.  We ate lots of yummy Indian food. We had snacks from Whole Foods, which was a walk from our hotel.  We saw friends. And we saw Amma.  We got hugged.  We listened to talks and got inspired. We got connected to each other and to ourselves.  And then we went home to rejoin the family.  

3 comments:

Cobalt Violet said...

How fun! That's great that you are getting special one on one time. Your kids will always remember that. Great memories you are creating!

Elizabeth said...

You're both so beautiful. How wonderful to share this special time with one of your children at a time!

Francesca said...

what a special trip! time with your girl, sharing something you deeply care about.