Christmas consisted of opening gifts, reading letters to one another, candy and music. Then we played a multi-family baseball game, kids vs. adults. This was what the kids wanted. Everyone in our family played. At one point I was asked to pitch. The good news is no one could hit my pitches. The bad news is I threw them to the right of the right handed batters, on the opposite side of the plate. I think I pitched to three batters before I got yanked. I did get a couple of good hits. It had been, oh twenty years since I played. After the game we went home and relaxed. Then I cooked our traditional dinner -- roasted chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce. And cookies for dessert.



4 comments:
It sounds delightful, and I do admire you for even playing baseball! I prefer to watch!
How fun! Looks like a great Christmas.
I love love love the idea of writing letters to each other!
looks like you didn't miss the snow at all! :)
Nice family,nice moment,nice preparation.
Post a Comment