The moon was stunning.
I am getting into the Christmas spirit and the artist's mind. Last night I went to sleep with an idea for art. I woke up and sketched it, excitedly. I have been so busy with little time for anything creative. But the studio came alive today for a little while, when I had some time. I enjoyed starting a gift for my niece. Tonight Shawn got in on the action. He made a gift for one of his sisters.
When I put him to bed I told him, "Shawn you are a sculptor!" He is always comparing his art abilities to his two super talented older sisters. Little brother, can never measure up in his mind. But tonight the girls were out testing for the brown belts, and I had Shawn all to myself. It took a little coaxing, but he was awesome. Peaceful, quiet, at work.
I had forgotten how much intelligence and happiness and importance and magic there is in the artmaking process. Silly me.
2 comments:
i missed it out!
i wanted to see it, and then i forgot all about it...
and i love the pictures of you down here, treelover!
♥
saw it on the freeway sat nite. by the time i got the camera out and the mountains had opened up again, it had risen higher and gotten smaller! my pic: not so impressive! it was nice in real life tho!
Post a Comment