
















Images from this summer ...Girls making fairy houses. Yucca dug up from my grandparents' yard, a plant they so loved, bloomed five explosive branches while we were there; the first time ever since my mom planted it. A common fixture -- my dad -- happily put to work. A simple buttercup. My discovery of yet more edible flowers...the purple blossoms of sage, thyme, and of course lavender. My mom's lavender was gorgeous in full bloom all summer long, loaded with sweet flowers
I learned gardening by osmosis it seems. I love to visit gardens of all kinds. I so wish I had photos of my grandparents' gardens, especially my grandfather's veggie garden. But at least we have the yucca.
6 comments:
What a lovely garden!
I don't know yucca, is it the plant with the beautiful cream colored bell shaped flowers?
Could I request a post about edible flowers:)?
yes that is yucca. I will be doing a post about edible flowers...one of my newest obsessions. :)
Thank you for sharing your Mother's beautiful garden. I feel like i went on a little vacation!
What lovely photos! I love the birdhouse!
What a beautiful garden!
Absolutely delightful!!
Post a Comment