Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

March 11, 2015

corner view~something difficult

photo credit, Gary Marks

Decisions can be difficult, especially those major life ones where we know whatever way we go will determine our future.  Sometimes it can leave us feeling paralyzed.

I always want to do the right thing.  I can get hung up in that.  And yet sometimes we really don't know what the right thing is.

When we find decisions difficult, we must weigh the pros and cons of each choice and then honestly, make a leap.  That is why the term is a leap of faith.  Some life decisions are a leap of faith.

And remember, once we make a decision, we can see where that leads us and then make a detour. Because we are constantly growing, changing and adapting to our environments.  We rarely can foresee exactly where any decision will lead, including difficult decisions.

I have recently come to the conclusion that if we make a decision that has some integrity, even though it may also have some difficulties, and we live our lives the best we can in that decision, that we then need to trust that we will have our angels looking out for us and helping us on this new leg of our journey.

After all, we are all walking on a journey.  Life is a journey.  And sometimes it is difficult.  And that's okay.  The pendulum will swing.  It always does.  

7 comments:

simply bev said...

Excellent! I find I sometimes get stuck when I'm trying to make the big decisions. You're right. Sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith!

likeschocolate said...

Sometimes the right thing is a hard thing to do! However, I would rather live this life doing the right thing even though it may be hard that doing the wrong thing.

Theresa said...

Kelleyn, I totally agree.

nadine paduart said...

i think so. making choices is not easy and coming back on one is at times the only sensible choice to make. i smile, for i go back to my dream now... hee hee... n♥

Redeker said...

trusting a decision is half the way to go on your own road!!

Tera said...

Facing a decision later this year... To move out of town or keep up the long commute.... Difficult. I hear you!

Francesca said...

thinking about an earlier post of yours, what we can most often only control, is the 'integrity' part of those decisions.