The large blue plate, made by a potter, with imprints of real leaves, a gift from my sister and her husband, years ago, is by far my favorite plate.
I have it pictured here with some close runner ups. And in fact some are bowls.
Whenever we have a party it is a reason to bring out our pretty dishes and serving bowls. Mine are a blend of the old and the new, ranging from crystal garage sale finds to Japanese glass bowls to a Boleslawiec dish from Poland, that I found in a local thrift shop here. How about you?
6 comments:
I love a mixture as it tells a story.
Yes, Beautiful collection and the story they tell! Must be extra delicous to eat off of plates that are so specially selected and loved!!
my "pretty" dishes also come from here and there, and are all different :)
your favourite blue looks like a painting! i understand its absolute appeal!!
i have a mixture of plates, but find, however, i love best eating from plain white!
n♥
I love collecting plates too but when it comes to eating on them, I don't!! I think that will have to change.
Your favorite plate is a pretty one - at first glance I thought they were hearts. And the blue.....i love blue!
Gorgeous plates - no wonder it was so hard to pick a favourite :-)
Post a Comment