Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

June 5, 2013

corner view~somewhere else

Very soon we are leaving on a trip and we will be somewhere else very different from where we live.  There is lots to do to get ready and despite the craziness of getting it all together, when I think of the flowers I will be seeing when I get there, and the redwoods, magestic and free, the friends I will get to reconnect with, the berries and plums that will be ripe on the vines and trees, the new opportunities that the kids will have there, and going out to dinner with Gary in San Francisco, holding his hand as we walk down the city streets, I am comforted.  

Whenever I have a lot on my plate, I just keep telling myself, it will all get done.

10 comments:

Redeker said...

sounds all very wonderful!
i love the redwoods!
have fun!

Elizabeth said...

Those are pretty nice gardens right there. Hope you have a very good trip!

simply bev said...

Have a wonderful trip! Getting ready is overwhelming, but oh so worth it! Enjoy your "somewhere else"!

likeschocolate said...

Have fun in California! Wishing you a fantastic summer!

Beth said...

Oh, how I love San Francisco! I used to stress over such trips (I still would if I still did them!), but as you said, the necessary stuff always got done. I would feel much better when we were finally at our destination and all was well.

Francesca said...

packing up family and house for an extended period away is a lot of work!

Jane said...

Have fun. Lovely garden.

kat said...

That sounds great! Have a wonderful trip!

nadine paduart said...

safe travels. enjoy yourselves!!
n♥

Le monde dÖ said...

Partir et revenir... are nice together. Enjoy your trip!