What is it about the sea that draws us there? Is it the salt air? The feeling of the tiny grains of sand on our bare feet? Is it the brilliant blue sky reflected in the ocean water? Is it the rhythm and reliability of the waves, like our breath, that come again and again? Is it that we are 90% water and therefore feel familiar with this element? Or is it the calm we feel when we come to the edge of the earth and can walk right into the water, and let it wash away all of our worries and renew our spirits?
I think it's all of these things. And more...
The sea is soothing, no doubt.
Here's to a happy spring, a happy May. May your days be sparkling and crystal clear with joy, just like the sea.
18 comments:
I think it's the knowledge that like God, the sea is beautiful and calm, but also strong. And therefore it must be respected for the limits that are set by it, as God sets limits for us that we must respect. Deep I know. But it's how I feel about my love for the sea...and God.
I wished we lived closer to the ocean. It has such a way of calming my soul.
i'm with you. all of the above! you nailed it in both words and pictures.
Well put. I think everyone feels connected to the sea, no matter where the live.
How lucky you are! It's beautiful!
Thanks for your wish.
Oh, yes.
Being seaside: space, room, vastness.
Lovely pictures of yours.
Best wishes for you
Tally
The best relaxing is to drive to the sea with the family. There is much to do, to discover and to see - especially for children.
I especially like the colors, the fresh air and the sound of the sea.
The light on your first photo is particularly beautiful.
beautiful pcitures and words ... (and on my pictures this is white sand and not snow, but it is true that it was cold so we were wearing jackets and not swimming suits !!)
For me the sea can be great if windy, cooling if hot, and calming when you just look at the sea!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/florssalvatges/4735827419/sizes/l/in/faves-rosamarrero/
Yes, to all of the above!
xo
When I saw your first photo and before I read your words, the first thought that came to my mind was: why do we love the sea so much...?
As a "mountain girl", I never thought I would find myself living by the sea but I'm very happy about it.
Thank you for you kind words in your comment, Theresa. The removal is exhausting but we're very excited :)
Beautiful words, Theresa.
it is ALL there, in your pictures, my dear... just looooovely!
n♥
totaly agree with you about the sea
Nice post. You captured all the beautiful details of the sea :)
I'm not sure what draws me thee, but drawn I am. Some think that the salt air from the ocean releases ions as the waves hit shore. The ions re-energize us. Not sure if that's true, but it doesn't matter to me. I can sit on the beach for hours and just stare at the ocean.
It's a fun place. :)
Post a Comment