Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

September 21, 2010

corner view~humor

Hello to my corner view friends, and thanks for joining me in a cyber~conversation about humor, which I am happy to be hosting.

I was raised in a big family with a lot of laughter, especially on my mom's side.  My grandfather and my mom's younger brother were hilarious.  My brothers and father often joined in.  I married a funny man and now I live with four jokers.  Our three kids keep things entertaining, especially now that they have studied acting.  It's a constant comedy show over here.

My grandfather was such an amazing person.  He was forever smiling, being an imp, cracking jokes, and telling stories and tall tales that I think were made up on the spot.

"Grandpa, tell us the story about the time it was so windy that it blew your pants off!" was a common request at holiday meals.

He always used to say, "It doesn't cost anything to laugh!"

He's right.  And humor certainly helps to keep me sane.
Speaking of all things funny, our kids have an acting coach in Hollywood now.  He is coming to visit us and do a workshop in a couple of weeks.  His wife produced the comedy film "You Again" with Betty White, Jamie Lee Curtis and Sigorney Weaver.  I can't wait to see it, opens this Friday.  Let me know if you see it and what you think.

Next week corner view will be hosted by Cate.  Please go to her blog to find out what next week's theme is.

For more humorous corner views see this updated list.  I am continuing to work on getting it current.  

44 comments:

Lollipop said...

keep laughing to stay healthy
;-)))

Kaylovesvintage said...

you make me smile

love the dresses,lol

la ninja said...

five jokers, I'd say :)

nadine paduart said...

the thing about '... tell me about... when...', it's funny, and universal. we've had it in stages, at our dinner tables and over the years.
i LOVE laughing. :)))

Kenza said...

Many smiles to you too!

likeschocolate said...

What amazing photos! While money might make the world go around according to Liza Minelli, laughter makes it worth living.

sunnymama said...

Such a lot of amazing smiles in your Corner View! :)

Cole said...

Oh the joy of having a little army of comedian/comedienne minions at your disposal! Great collection of shots!

;) said...

Humor and family! Lucky you are!

I keep your post as a lesson of life!

Have a funny day

Cole said...

Forgot to ask- where is next week's theme? Thanks!

Cate said...

love all the laughing! your family is the cutest. wishing you many giggles in the future!

p.s. i think that i'm supposed to be hosting next week! could you please send people over my way so that they can see the next theme?

Daan said...

Lol!! wow actingclass that will be great fun!

tanĂ¯a said...

Humor/laughter is one of the most special human emotion, even more than anger or sadness.
Thanks a lot for so much smiling faces!! Happy day today!!
:))

KathyA said...

Laughter is a wonderful gift. When my brothers and I are together we get downright silly. Everything to us (to the chagrin of everyone around us) is hilarious!

The trailers to YOU AGAIN look really funny.

Joyce said...

Ohhh... these photos are wonderful and full of humor!! I am slowly getting back online and hope to join back in CV. xo

shayndel said...

My grandfather used to tell us about how he wrestled with alligators! They were funny indeed.
Thanks for the fun CV:))
Good luck to Annabel and the family acting adventures!

Mlle Paradis said...

what is more purely joyful than laughter? sounds like you've got it 360, 24/7! good luck to all the family in their endeavors. you have alot on your plates!

Castor said...

Life is better with a smile !

Conny said...

What a great collection of photos! There's no frowning when looking at those, that's for sure. I always wondered what it would be like to grow up in a family of joksters.

Thanks for hosting this "funny" theme. It's going to be a good day. Cheers~

Juniper said...

Well done on the theme! Lots of happy and silly moments collected here.

Janis said...

Hello,
Yes, please include me on your list for Corner View. I am on a blog break at the moment but will be back soon-ish :^) Thanks!

Lynn said...

Love the "doesn't cost anything to laugh" comment. Sweet post.

Guusje said...

Yes, I will do corner view, I will start next week. Thank you!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

That's wonderful!

Humor saves me, honestly!

(and I'm out of corner view, by the way -- so much going on!)

Francesca said...

photos of people laughing just make me happy.

Unknown said...

Yes, Theresa, I am interesed in continuing with the corner view, but with the computer problems, I will be off some weeks (a pair I hope).
But I want to continue. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Good way of life !!!

Kasia said...

Dear Theresa,
thank you so much for your comforting comments, healing warm thoughts and a prayer for my little girl- she's doing much better!

I'd love to carry on with Corner View as it's been always a great source of inspiration to me. I've lost few weeks now but I will statr from next week.

All the best to you and your Family,
Kasia

Redeker said...

smiling at all those corner views!!! also those are fun!

katy said...

Love it! Just got mine posted.

RosaMarĂ­a said...

a happy family! love the kids laught!

Unknown said...

Hello! Love the dresses.

Yes I am still planning on participating in Corner View, even though I was unable to do it this week.

Thanks!

Ian said...

Well, thanks for taking over with a smile :)

McGillicutty said...

OK.. I did a CV post.. kind of but didn't know the theme cos I'm useless like that. Love your pictures.. your family is a hoot. I'm off to see Cate and catch up so I'm ready for next week!!

Unknown said...

Love all these smiling pictures. I'm joining you this week - and hoping to be able to keep up with the cornerview. Enjoy visiting your corners :)

WanderChow said...

Extremely cute post! What a fun family! I'm kind of focusing on several things right now so I may have to take a hiatus from Corner View. Keep up the good work!

Allison said...

Hi Theresa,

What a great post with super sweet photos! It looks like you have a lot of fun with your family. My dad is the one who keeps us laughing.

I had so much fun doing "corner view" posts, but since we added a new little edition to our family, I am finding it difficult to do much posting at all. So unfortunately, I won't be able to join back in on the corner view fun.

Schöne GrĂ¼ĂŸe aus Deutschland

hinke said...

ooh great, love all those smiling faces!

Cobalt Violet said...

Great post! That first shot should be blown up!!! I hope it is. Wonderful shots.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Nicola said...

Your kids are so cute!
And Running Home continues to be one of my Lala's favorites!
Nicola

24 rue L said...

Hi Theresa! All my excuses for not having answered earlier your message concerning my participation in the view corner kick of Jane, but the time misses me at the moment to make new comments on my blog. I am available thus more too much to meet these small challenges but I would return there a little later because it is always funny to make. Your series of pictures of the children is beautiful, you indeed have of have fun! Goodbye. Virginia of 24rueL.

la ninja said...

thanks. just passing by, though, no promises I'm going to play along all the time, but I couldn't let this one pass, could I? ;)

eve & lise said...

totaly agree witj your granpa!

parisa mahmoudi said...

So beautiful photos,full of life and happiness! :D