Our family life in the tropics. Lots of music, art, gardening, cooking, traveling, ponderings, and joy. Creating memories, traditions
and hopefully some humor. Trying to give back as well.

August 7, 2010

old town alexandria

This summer we road tripped to Virginia to see old friends and Amma.  While we were there we visited Old Town Alexandria, and got to show the kids a little of our country's history.  I lived in Old Town after graduate school, while I worked as an art therapist in a psychiatric hospital in neighboring Washington, DC.  Pictured above are the girls and I in front of my first apartment front door.  Location: 402 Wolfe Street.
I love visiting places I have lived.
So many memories. 

4 comments:

Swirly said...

I love these photos...I grew up in Alexandria!

Francesca said...

What a nice trip! I've never gone back to a house where I've lived, apart from my parents'. But I often think of them. Former shells.

;) said...

A nice trip and photos !

KathyA said...

I like re-visiting places we've lived, too. Alexandria is especially beautiful and charming, isn't it? My husband was stationed there on the USS Borie in the 70s -- right under the bridge!!