I'd like to introduce our daughter Annabel (age 11) in her Youtube debut of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. I will also share a little bit about our girl:

This above photo was taken in 1999, well before I was a blogger. Annabel was our second child, she came to us as an answer to our prayers. We had a 2 1/2 year old daughter and since I have a sister who is so special to me, naturally I wanted Sky to have a sister. I remember Gary and I talking about what would be the best age span, something our generation of parents seem to think about more than previous ones. "Two and a half years would be good," we decided. Annabel was born exactly 2 1/2 years, to the month, after her sister. She was an awesome, adorable, easy baby...
...A hilarious toddler. Her most widely spoken phrase was "O-tay Mommy." She was the most compliant, mellow kid I ever saw. I could sit on a blanket at a park with a playgroup, and Annabel would sit by my side for close to three hours, humming and eating. Meanwhile all of the other kids would climb and run and the other mothers would be chasing after them. Age five. Really smart. Loved school. Cute as a button. She continued to hum while she ate, and sang all the time to herself.
Age seven. Annabel began to play guitar and harmonica. She wowed a crowd of over a thousand people as the emcee of a duo act of Beatles tunes with her sister. In this above shot was just hanging in the park playing for family.
Well she's now eleven, and wants to be an actress in movies when she grows up.She just recorded Somewhere Over the Rainbow. And that big sister, who is also her best friend, created the photo show. I hope you like it. There will be more songs to follow. The girls are already working on a duet.
This is Annabel's blog in case you are interested.




27 comments:
Bravo! Annabel, you have done such a fantastic job singing this song. Theresa, how wonderful that you have such talented children. I also like that your little girls still look like little girls and not grownups.
that`s yours daughter?!?!? lovely... i am one of her blog-followers ;-)
i like your post and the pics.
my little son has his birthday today =)
great singer and beautiful song !!
Adorable !!! Bravo !
Such wonderful photos of Annabel! Lovely introduction to your daughter.
Thanks for your comment on my blog!
Your daughters are so talented and have beautiful voices!
My 3 year old has quite a passion for guitars, and music. He entertains people wherever we go. When did you get your girls started? I want to encourage his passion. Any advice?
Thanks.
I will check it out now - very sweet! Thank you :^)
Oh I love it! My Q is fascinated with the guitar (her daddy plays well) and has had her own mini guitar since she was 1 1/2.
What a lovely voice.. Two really talented daughters you have!!
Wow. Thank you so much! I loved your long comment. :) You answered a lot of my questions, and made me feel good knowing that we have been doing a lot of the things you suggested.
We got him a little (cheap) guitar for Christmas and there hasn't been a day that he hasn't played it. It's so fun to hear him singing and strumming along.
He does stutter a little bit. I think it's because he gets so excited and has so much to say, his brain moves faster than his mouth! He's always talked A LOT for his age. I'm not worried. :)
I love how you mentioned your kids' taste in music. Mine definitely have their own taste too. I love it because I don't have to listen to kids music all the time. They have good taste. Parker loves country music, and basically anything with an acoustic guitar. My 4 year old, Hayden, likes rock music and electric guitars. We have to take turns in the car listening to songs they each like. They both like a few Ozzy songs though! haha.
Blessings to yours as well. Thanks again!
You have the most amazing beautiful talented daughters. It is so good to see the good! :)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow is one of my favourites...Off I go...To watch the video, not over the rainbow. :)
Andrea
Lovely. I loved the emotion in her voice.
I watched the Save the Planet video too.
Bravo Ladies!!!
oh, my goodness! you live in such a beautiful place! I'm NEEDING some warmth, sand and water right now! Thanks for stopping by my blog-I look foward to more of yours!
Oh my daughters will love this! Very sweet to have such daughters who get along so well and share a love of music! Sweet photos of your lovely Annabel.
What a beautiful daughter you have, inside and out!
What a beautiful, touching post and such a talented daughter! Thank you for stopping by my blog. You live in such a fantastic environment.
Belle Annabel !!!
You're a very talented family, that's amazing!
Annabel you've got a beautiful voice, keep going on!
Thanks for visiting my blog and saying hello! I am enjoying looking through your posts here. Beautiful landscape (we are buried in snow here) and lovely children (kind, open faces).
J'adore ce parcours dans le temps : c'est très émouvant.
A lovely girl.
OMG Annabel's voice gave me the goose bumps. She has a beautiful voice!! I know you have to be one very proud momma with so much talent under one roof.
Reach for the starts sweet Annabel they are yours to touch! xo
PS Oprah at times looks for talented kids. Check out her website. There still is time before she retires from her show.
What a sweet and talented daughter you have! My husband is very musical (he plays guitar). My son (age 5) doesn't show much interest in music, but my daughter (age 2) LOVES IT! It's amazing how they come pre-wired for certain interests! Good luck to Annabel!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
How lovely!! beautiful!
And the photo-show is very well done too!
Our little one is humming and trying to sing as well. Hopefully she will become as good as this.
beautiful...that is one of my favorite songs and she did it so well with such a strong voice! My son was the rainbow baby ( a lot of rainbows associated with his birth)....so this was very special to me. thank you so much for raising a daughter who is living her dream!
blessings, love and gratitude~
elizabeth
I just played this for my two year old who was so captured by it. So touching.
Entirely too sweet! This post will be a joy for all to look back on in future years :)
what a treat! thank you!
Post a Comment